Recently we published an infographic on the Top 1500 European Public Cloud Computing Providers covering the European IaaS, PaaS and SaaS ecosystem. For a closer look at the characteristics of European SaaS companies we have now combined the nine countries we currently cover into a European SaaS Top 1000. Check out the table below for more information (click on the picture to enlarge):
Some interesting characteristics of the European SaaS Top 1000 include:
- The leading SaaS category is Finance/ERP in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany and Spain. In the Netherlands, the leading SaaS category is Online Workspace offered by 19% of SaaS providers. In Norway, Sweden and the UK, the Communications category (13%, 16% and 21% of SaaS providers respectively) leads.
- Norway (60%) and Sweden (59%) have the highest percentage of SaaS providers that offer online ordering and onboarding. The Netherlands (32%), Belgium (34%) and the UK (34%) all have lower rates.
- The percentage of SaaS providers that have outsourced their IaaS infrastructure ranges between 50% (Germany and UK) and 70% (Denmark).
- The percentage of SaaS providers that have their SaaS instance hosted in-country varies greatly. German SaaS providers (84%) have the highest percentage in-country, while only a minority (27%) of Spanish SaaS providers have their production platform hosted in Spain.
- Amazon is the leading IaaS partner in Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the UK. OVH leads in Belgium and Spain, Hetzner in Germany.
For more information on The METISfiles European SaaS Top 1000, please contact Pim Bilderbeek.