Less than Half of Finnish SaaS Vendors Hosted in Finland

Of the 74 SaaS vendors we identified in our Finnish cloudscape, 47% operate their own infrastructure. The other 53% partner with a hosting provider. Less than half of those (49%) have their production site hosted inside Finland (see Figure below).

Production Site Finland

The most popular hosting partners for Finnish SaaS vendors are Amazon (27%), Microsoft (5%), Hetzner (5%), and Nebula (5%). The remaining 58% is split across a wide variety of vendors (see Figure below).

Hosting Partner Finland

Should you care where and with whom your data is located? Yes, you should. When evaluating SaaS vendors it is important to understand whether they own their own infrastructure, which hosting partner they have if they do not, and which data centres their own or hosting partner infrastructure is located in. Also, you should know which jurisdiction(s), rules and regulations your data resides under.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • email
  • LinkedIn
  • RSS

About Pim Bilderbeek