Two thirds of the 575 Nordic Cloud Providers in our Nordic Cloudscape are SaaS providers. For a closer look at the characteristics of this Nordic SaaS ecosystem we have now combined the four countries we currently cover into a Nordic SaaS Top 380. Check out the table below for more information (click on the picture to enlarge):
- The leading SaaS category is Finance/ERP in Denmark (17%) and Finland (24%). In Norway and Sweden Communications leads (13% and 16% respectively)
- Denmark (64%) has the highest percentage of SaaS providers that offer online ordering and onboarding. In Norway (60%), Sweden (59%) and Finland (56%) more than half of SaaS providers do the same
- The percentage of SaaS providers that have outsourced their IaaS infrastructure ranges between 53% (Finland) and 70% (Denmark)
- The percentage of SaaS providers that have their SaaS instance hosted in-country varies. Danish and Swedish SaaS providers (55%) have the highest percentage in-country installations, while only a minority (38%) of Norwegian SaaS providers have their production platform hosted in Norway
- Amazon is the leading IaaS partner in all Nordic countries
Check out our other cloudscape research here.