More than Half of Swedish SaaS Vendors Hosted in Sweden

Of the 124 SaaS and PaaS vendors we identified in our Swedish cloudscape, 38% operate their own infrastructure. The other 62% partner with a hosting provider. More than 50% of those have their production site hosted inside Sweden (see Figure below).

Production Site Sweden

The most popular hosting partners for Swedish Saas and PaaS vendors are Amazon (25%), Loopia (7%), Microsoft (4%), IP Only (6%), Rackspace (4%) and 24 Solutions (4%). The remaining 52% is split across a wide variety of vendors (see Figure below).

Hosting Partner Sweden

Should you care where and with whom your data is located? Yes, you should. When evaluating SaaS and PaaS vendors it is important to understand whether they own their own infrastructure, which hosting partner they have if they do not, and which data centres their own or hosting partner infrastructure is located in. Also, you should know which jurisdiction(s), rules and regulations your data resides under.

More information on cloud providers in all Nordic countries can be downloaded at the website of our sponsor.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • email
  • LinkedIn
  • RSS

About Pim Bilderbeek