Who are the largest Dutch cloud & hosting providers? We have created a top 10 for both independent providers and for IT providers that have cloud & hosting divisions. In our top 10 we only include providers that have their worldwide headquarters in The Netherlands. The ranking is based on size (in terms of the number of employees) and the data is taken from publicly available company information. This post is dedicated to the independents, IT providers will follow later. Some characteristics of the top 10 include:
- The oldest provider is Leaseweb (1997), the youngest is Vancis (2008)
- All independent providers are privately held
- Providers have to have more than 67 employees to qualify
- The largest independent providers are Ocom (Leaseweb) and Intelligent (Sentia, Combell) both with 300 employees
- The average number of employees per company is 163
- The average company age is 15 years
- Ocom (Leaseweb) and Yourholding are the most internationally oriented companies. Leaseweb has datacenters locally and in Germany, the US, Singapore and Hong Kong. Yourholding has international activities in India and Russia.
Providers that did not make the cut but are close include BIT, Cyso, Flexwebhosting , i3D.net, Interconnect, Intermax, and Uniserver.
Update 23 February: In the Top 10 IT-Ernity (136 employees) has replaced Interconnect (60 employees). The number of employees for Yourholding is now 100. TransIP has been added to the runners-up.
Update 26 February: Updated Broad Horizon (85 employees)
Update 26 May: Sentia is now in the top 10. Data for other top 10 providers has been updated.
Update June 1: Updated Sentia and IT-Ernity
Update July 7: TransIP is now in the top 10. IS Group has been acquired by KPN and is no longer independent
Update July 14: Sentia acquires hybrid managed hoster Nines
Update November 26: ASP4all and Bitbrains have been renamed Solvinity. Sentia has merged with Intelligent.
Check out the graphic below for more information: