Three out of Four Spanish SaaS Vendors Hosted Abroad

Of the 139 SaaS vendors we identified in our Spanish Cloudscape, 43% operate their own infrastructure. The other 57% partner with a hosting provider. Three quarters of those have their production site hosted outside Spain (see Figure below).

Production Site Spain

The most popular hosting partners for Spanish SaaS vendors are all foreign companies. OVH (16%),  Amazon (16%) and 1&1 (16%) lead the pack. Hetzner (7%), Microsoft (6%) and Arsys (6%) follow. The remainder 33% is split across a wide variety of hosters (see Figure below).

Hosting Partner Spain

Should you care where and with whom your data is located? Yes, you should. When evaluating SaaS vendors it is important to understand whether they own their own infrastructure, which hosting partner they have if they do not, and which data centres their own or hosting partner infrastructure is located in. As we wrote earlier, digital data depends on robust digital infrastructure. Also, you should know which jurisdiction(s), rules and regulations your data resides under.

Stay tuned for more analysis on the digital infrastructure market in Europe, there will be more to come!

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • email
  • LinkedIn
  • RSS

About Pim Bilderbeek