Just like zombies think they are alive while in actual fact they are pretty much dead, there are plenty CIOs that believe they are in charge of IT while in reality they are taking a backseat. Enter the Zombie CIO. And just like zombies can be pretty dangerous to those that are alive, Zombie CIOs can be dangerous to the health of Enterprise IT. How do you recognize a Zombie CIO? Here’s some pointers (tongue in cheek). Zombie CIOs:
- Live on-premise
- Are Dolly Parton fans
- Use magic to select IT suppliers
- Treat IT security as an IT problem
- Exhibit anti-social behaviour
- Believe IT outsourcing equals “your mess for less”
- Report to the CFO
- Are in charge of a department that always says no
- Attempt to align business to IT
- Benchmark IT spend with other zombie CIOs
Q1: Are you a Zombie CIO?
Q2: Are you sure?