Only two weeks ago we wrote about Vodafone acquiring TeleSpectrum and Voiceworks launching Voiceworks mobile. Since then, Tele2 announced a hosted telephony offering for SMBs starting from 50 seats with fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) in the works for later this year. And yesterday KPN announced that Atlantic Telecom and Telfort have now been combined into Telfort Business offering both fixed and mobile services to SMBs. We expect that FMC is on the Telfort Business services roadmap as well, although the press release does not say.
Going forward, METISfiles expects service providers to combine cloud, unified communications and collaboration (UCC), and FMC aspects into single converged services that combine the following:
- A focus on cost reduction and productivity increase
- A single number, single voicemail, and/or a single bill
- UCC features such as conferencing, collaboration, presence, and instant messaging
- Cloud based, available as pay per user, per month, per functionality
- Self service portals for ease of use
- Service management features such as directory and operator consoles
Does your service roadmap combine cloud, UCC and FMC? Let us know!